Friday, August 17, 2007

My First Swap

YEAH, I'm joining my first swap. Wish me luck!

You can sign up until August 31st. The swap will run from September 1st – November 1st. All packages need to be received before the end date.

And to get the ball rolling here are my answers to the Monkey Swap Questionnaire.

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
I think of myself as a beginning sock knitter (I’ve only completed one pair). But I’m committed to mastering socks since there are sooooo many amazing patterns out there that I’d love to knit for myself and others.

The measurements:
Shoe Size: 7 U.S.
Foot circumference: 7.5”
Foot length: 8.75”

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Deep Reds, Avocado Green, Turquoise, Camel Beige, Charcoal Grey

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Solids

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool

What colors would you never wear? Any shade of neon, bubble gum pink, orange, bright yellows

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Elsebeth Lavold, RYC, Debbie Bliss, Berroco

Are there any new brands you would like to try? Lorna’s Laces, Cherry Tree Hill, Louet, Filatura di Crosa Zarina (but there are so many amazing brands I haven't tried I'm open to anything)

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? None

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?
I’d love to knit Rhiannon, Millicent, or Baudelaire.

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Either is fine with me.

Do you have any allergies? No.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No smoke. I do have a small dog, but he’s not a big shedder.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? I’m anxiously waiting for my invite. Only 2,412 folks ahead of me as of Aug. 16th.

I can't wait to get started on this swap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rosie! I am your Monkey Swap pal. Now don't go and try to figure out who I am, okay?

I want to find the perfect yarn for your socks and so have a couple of questions. First, you say you like solids more than variegateds (me too). Do you like hand-dyed tone on tones? Yarns dyed in the "rainbow" way of dying produces a yarn that is lots of shades of the same color. However, you don't get any stripes or patterns like other hand-dyed yarns. Have you tried this type before? Would it be something you might want to try? Should I stick with an actual solid color?

Also, what are your favorite kind of needles, i.e. wood, metal, circular, double point, etc. Have you knit socks with two circulars, or do you prefer just the dp's?

One more thing, to you have a taste for sweet, salty, both, neither?

Can't wait to start your socks! This is going to be fun!