Monday, December 28, 2009

The New Year

2009 was a stressful year but I very much enjoyed watching my little baby sprout into a charming little boy. When we moved to Detroit the summer of 2007 my son was crawling, well army crawling on his elbows. Last Christmas he had just mastered walking but was still teetering now and then. Now he's running like the wind and talking up a storm. Most days I wake up to his call: "Mami. Mami. Maaaami. Where are you? I want to talk to you." Even at 5:30am I have to laugh. I look forward to watching and recording a whole new year of this little person's development.
We're 6 days into 2010 and I wish I could say I'm off to a good start. I'm not! I just remembered this morning the my pilates class started Monday night (completely forgot). I hadn't checked our bank account in over two weeks and it was overdrawn. Now if we didn't have the money that would be one thing, but we do. It was just stupidity on my part. Of course the bank loves it when we make mistakes like that because they can charge us for it. ARGGHHH!!! In addition to that I'm way behind on my work and have to prep for my classes which begin next week.

I usually don't resolutions but I feel I have to this time around. I want to embrace the idea of "WORK FIRST" i.e., start the days with work and after 5-7 hrs (stopping for breakfast and lunch of course), putting the work aside and enjoying my hobbies: knitting, spinning, reading, etc. I work mostly from home so this can get really tough: "I'll just do the laundry; I'll just clean the bathroom, I'll just organize whatever" there's always something that needs to be done but this year I will try to commit to work and schedule chores like I would any meeting outside the home. I haven't exercised since the pregnancy over 2yrs ago so I signed up for Pilates on Mondays. That's it for resolutions: 1. Work First and 2. Pilates on Mondays.

Good luck with your resolutions.

No comments: