Monday, August 17, 2009

Even Knitting Hasn't Cheered Me Up

It's so sad when knitting and spinning fail to cheer me up. I didn't even come close to meeting my goals for the Summer (big surprise there!). I was stressed most of this Summer over the fact that I don't have a regular job. How is it possible that after all the work, time, and money I put into a Ph.D., I'm still unclear about what I want to do "when I grow up." I'm almost 40, this is no time for uncertainty and yet . . .

Anyway, I am going to start a large spinning project this week. I have 1lb of Shetland from Windswept Farms. I want to 3ply it and knit up a vest and perhaps matching mittens or cowl. I have to see what my yardage is but 1lb of fiber should yield some serious yardage.

I want to knit up a quick sweater for my little boy before winter arrives. There's a pattern I've been meaning to knit up but the largest size is too small for him so I will have to bust out the calculator and make some adjustments. I usually don't like to alter a pattern because I'm not very good at the calculations but I figure a child's sweater is a good project on which to practice.

I also have some serious sewing I'd like to do but man am I bad at it. I have not returned to the Box Bag but will do so very soon. I was hoping to sew up a bunch of them for my small projects.

Here are a few of my finished objects for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: