Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Knitting Gone Bad

I'm trying, I'm really trying to follow patterns and perfect my skills so I can step back and admire my work with pride. Instead I think I'm following the pattern but in the end it's a big 'ole mess.
Here's the proof:






My Baby Kimono Sweater, which I had to frog and start over at the beginning was a wreck in the end. The back is longer than the front, the sleeves don't align. It makes me sick, this is not a difficult pattern. This seems to happen with most of the things I knit. I need to concentrate but I don't have the time to work big chunks of a pattern in one sitting. I have to be able to put work down and pick it up later when I have some time.

This sweater will have to be frogged later. I have to cast on another one ASAP and hope I get it right this time.

On a happy front. My family celebrates Three Kings' Day and here's what my husband gave me:

A Jordana Paige knitting bag. Tucked inside the bag was a gift certificate for a spa day (woo hoo!). AND, as if all that wasn't enough, he also bought me a copy of Victorian Lace Today which is a beautiful book. What an amazing treat!

The Three Kings' also brought me a skein of Misti Alpaca Handpainted Sock Yarn and some Lisa Souza Merino Sock (the last of my yarn shopping for the rest of 2009). I've got loads of sock yarn and great patterns so that's what I will be working on most this year.

My first spinning class is this Saturday. Finally I will be able to use that other amazing gift from my husband, the Ashford Traditional spinning wheel.

No comments: