Wednesday, January 7, 2009

12 Days of Spinning

I started my 12 days of Spinning yesterday. The Ravelry group is called "On the Twelfth Day of Spinning" and offers a series of challenges for spinners from beginners like me to more skilled folks. Each of the 12 days has a specific task and at the end of it all we cast on with our new yarn.

Although 12th night was Jan. 6th the moderators wisely decided to start the 12 Days challenge on the 6th so that participants wouldn't have to compete with the holiday craziness.

I prepped yesterday by viewing a bunch of videos online and tightening up my wheel which I think was a bad idea because now it squeaks.

I'm still struggling with the coordination of drafting, and then releasing the yarn onto the bobbin. It looks so easy but it isn't. First official spinning class is Saturday, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Daisymum said...

good luck on your spinning!!!! It is on my to do list this year.