Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations Barack Obama!

What a grueling election season. I'm glad it's over and I'm excited about the coming years. Hopefully Obama will be successful in uniting the country and cleaning up the mess that is our economy. The need for change is especially evident here in Michigan which has been hit hard for years. Congratulations to all those who worked so hard and devoted themselves so selflessly to helping their candidate of choice.

Now my life goes back into a full on job search, continued preparation for my courses, grading midterms and papers, and of course there's baby, hubbie, and home. Yikes!

I knit Esai a new hat since he lost the cashmere earflap hat I'd made for him months ago. It was getting too small for him anyway. In this pic he is modeling his new Toasty Topper I used leftover Berocco Ultra Alpaca in Redwood and Fern (two strands held together). The scarf extention was knit with Louet Riverstone Chunky. This was a great stash busting project. I tend to have these 1/4 balls left over and a double strand hat for baby is a great way to go. I will use my other random leftovers for some EZ mittens. Since we moved from California this summer, baby boy will experience his first true winter now that we're in Detroit. Basically, he needs many hats and mittens!

No comments: