Saturday, June 21, 2008

Knee Deep in Moving Boxes

I've been out of the loop for a while because we are busy preparing for our move. Yes we are heading back to the Midwest after living in the SF Bay Area for two years. We're going to miss California but alas this is what happens to postdocs, we get jobs and then we move.

I've been able to get some knitting done, or at least started . Here are some EZ Norwegian Mittens (my first attempt at serious colorwork), Chunky Mittens from The Knitter's Book of Yarn, and an earflap hat for my husband.
[can you see a trend here, we are moving to the Midwest!]






I've also started some Mrs. Beetons for myself (have I mentioned how much I hate working with mohair - I've got to find a better alternative). I joined the Summer of Lace so I'm hoping to finish at least two lace projects by the end of the summer to give as gifts to our baby's godparents.

I'm on a stash diet -- NO MORE YARN PURCHASES UNTIL THE END OF THE SUMMER! And that includes sock yarn. I'm going to work from my stash until then and honestly I don't think I'll have much time to knit with the move and the unpacking, the search for childcare, the start of a new job, and just the general adjustment to the system shock that a move always sparks.

Oh and I forgot to mention my husband and I decided to give up tv. No really, I'm serious we handed over our tv set to his brother-in-law this morning and it will be interesting to see how we hold up. I love tv, especially really bad tv. But now there will be more time for knitting and spinning, right?! I will be back with an update from the Midwest as soon as I set up my new internet connection. Until then happy knitting everyone!

No comments: