Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Irene's Blustery End to the Summer

Well Summer is really over. Although for those of us who are unemployed, there was never really a Summer vacation. Luckily my son got to travel with his dad to California to visit the grandparents, and we're making the most of the last sunny days to play in the backyard.

If anyone out there has the secret to finding employment please share. I have been putting out at least 2 applications every week (more when I first arrived in New Jersey) for over a year now and NOTHING! How can a Ph.D. and two Master's degrees get you nothing? Last year I wondered how people could survive long term unemployment without losing their minds, what did "those" people do all day? Well now I know. My routine has been the same for a year. Scour the job listings, print all the appropriate possibilities, do a bit of background research on the organizations, write up my letters and in most cases, upload letter and resume and click send. Then I wait. There is usually a "don't call us, we'll call you" message with the posting. Over 365 days of that, I feel like I'm in the Bizzarro world!

Anyway, on the crafting front, I need to knit up some soakers for my friend Diana who is due next month as well as some winter mittens for my Littleman.

I'm hoping some positive thinking will result in an opportunity, ANY opportunity. Wish me luck folks!

No comments: