Friday, April 17, 2009

So Much to Blog About

My last few posts have stressed the amount of work I've had and that's not over yet but I did want to post some fiber-related items.

First, I want to thank my RSE pal Mirya for the beautiful scarf and wonderful treats she sent me all the way from Australia. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is knit in a super soft green and black speckled colorway. It is long and slim so I've been able to wear it to work as the weather warms up. It's perfect because the mornings in Detroit are still chilly. Mirya also sent a whole bunch of goodies including:

Organic Cotton Yarn, Fiber for Spinning, Labels, Buttons, Reminder Tabs, Chocolate Wafers, Gummy Animals (delicious), Caramel Koalas (demolished those immediately)










This was an amazing swap and Mirya and I had loads of fun chatting weekly.
Here's what went out to my pal: The Leaf Lace Scarf in Cherry Tree Hill SockItToMe yarn.
This was a very easy knit. In fact I've cast on two more for Mother's Day gifts. I also sent my pal a spinning fiber sampler with 1oz bundles of a variety of fibers; I added some spinning record pages as well so she can keep track of her swatches. The package also included some Knit Picks circular needles and Knit Picks Essential Yarn and of course some yummy chocolate. Of course I failed to take a pic of the package which was bundled in bright spring colors.

I was so very afraid this scarf would be a disaster. I could only knit about 4 rows each day because of all the work but as the scarf progressed it was looking very ugly. Well not UGLY just not lacey. But the Ravelry crowd held my hand and blocking is amazing. Here's proof:





Thank you to everyone who promised me blocking would prevail.

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

The scarves are beautiful !!!