Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Busy Blogger's Dilemma

My partner has been out of town since last Friday and I'm exhausted. Our toddler is now running around in addition to refusing, quite vigorously, to put on his hat, coat and mittens in the morning. I did mention how cold it is right? A whopping 0 degree this morning. Our house is pretty cold which we'll have to do something about because it is so uncomfortable. Meghan over at the Stitch It Podcast was mentioning in one of her recent episodes that it is so cold in her neck of the woods (just a few hours from me) that she had not taken a full shower in a while opting instead for the quick wash up. I actually end up taking more showers just to warm up.

I have not been knitting as much as I would like nor have I been spinning this past week. What I have been doing is going to bed around 8:30pm. I figure I can get in at least a few hours in case baby boy wakes up during the night.

I casted on again for the Baby Kimono since the first one was a total disaster. I also cast on again for the Bacchus Socks. I am determined to get these projects done.

I don't know if I mentioned my Saartje Booties. I finished these during the Christmas break. I used SWTC's Soysilk and my new Kollage Square dpns that I bought in NYC at Thanksgiving. The Soysilk is wonderful. I thought it would be too slippery but it isn't. The needles are really good in case I didn't post that before.

I'm also loving my Jordana Paige Knitting Satchel. It's a really beautiful bag and functions extremely well for knitting. I especially like the loops that keep my yarn tame while I knit.

The Bacchus Socks are now being knit in Noro Kureyon Sock and I'm reinforcing with Crystal Palace Kid Merino at the toe and heel. So far so good. The Kid Merino is some left over stash that I wanted to use up. I will post pics soon.

I've also cast on for my Ravelry Scarf Exchange. I don't want to post too many details so as not to spoil the surprise for my pal but I'm working on a lace pattern.

I hope you're all doing well and keeping warm.

No comments: